Compare less vs sass and try and find out which one is better.
What is SASS?
Less VS SASS comparison
SASS has some great advantage.
- SASS has compass with lots of useful tools and functions, mixes vendor proteases.
- SASS is easier for people who already know PHP White because of the programming habits.
- SASS has more advanced features as compared to the features available in Less.
- SASS can do Maths operation on any units.
Some of the advantages and disadvantages of less.
- Less returns easier to understand error logs, for a person who has never programmed it might be helpful to spot errors.
- Less has namespaces which adds another layer to organization.
- Less is easier to in style.
- Less can only do math operation with the same unit.
The common advantages for both SASS and Less are:
- They both Generate errors when we do something wrong.
- They both have algorithm that is automatically compressing your styles, which will in result make your output CSS smaller, and because of it your website will load faster.
- Allows you to have single compressed CSS and in the same time a version where you can view everything clearly which makes your code easier to maintain.
- You can modularise your code, so it’s easier to maintain and in the end still as output have single file.
- They both have online compilations.
- Both have great documentation.
- They both have awesome features like variables, maxims etc.